A new type of basketball league where players are drafted onto teams. This league is like your neighborhood basketball court with all the flavor and characters but regulated with referees and scheduled games.
No team? No problem!
If you don't have a team, don't worry, you can sign up as a free agent, and we'll put you on a team with other free agents! (Most of our members are free agents!)
We're currently in our second season of our draft basketball league, and players have been drafted onto teams by designated captains to promote parity. The competition level is JV/High School basketball, so it's not an ideal fit for beginners or elite college players. We're about good, quality basketball without any of chest thumping or overt trash talking.
If you'd like to test the league, please email [email protected] and he will place you on the free agency waiver.
Season Length & Game Times
- Season begins January 29, 2019, and lasts 7 weeks. Playoffs tenatively on March 12, 2019.
- Games are scheduled between 8:15 PM and 10:45 PM on Tuesday nights.
General Rules and Format
- 5 vs 5 full court.
- 2 or 3 games minimum per week against different teams.
- Each game is two 9 minute halves.
- Download Basketball Rules
- $109. SIGN ME UP!
- If you'd like to check out the league before commiting, teams are currently looking for subs. Please e-mail [email protected] to be placed on the free agency waiver wire.
What Price Includes
- 7 games per season including playoffs
- Referees and staffing
- Private restaurant/bar area exclusive to USLA Members to enjoy drinking games with teammates and friends. Discounted prices on drinks and food at Gramercy Bar Santa Monica.
- USLA team shirt
Basketball games will be held at the gym at John Adams Middle School. We try our best to provide the best venues possible, but every once in awhile there will be unexpected changes that are out of our control.